Comment on page
Annotate your surroundings with notes! Walk around a room placing notes with the ability to save and modify the notes in the environment.
- 1.Open the app
- 2.Tap New Map
- 3.Tap on your screen to place notes around your area
- 4.Pay attention to the Save Button, it will only turn blue if the map is good enough to save, Scan your environment until the button turns blue.
- 5.Save Map
- 1.Tap My Maps
- 2.Select the Map that you would like to load
- 3.Tap Load Map
- 4.You'll see a thumbnail picture of part of your map, point the camera at that area
- 5.Your notes will load! You can also update any of the notes & place others if you like
Plus some new concepts:
- Thumbnail Texture is an automatically collected screenshot of the environment that is triggered when the map quality is very good, i.e., when there are lots of feature collected in a small area. The thumbnail is presented to the user when they want to load and relocalize their scene, and it is intended to help with relocalization. Example: You just put notes all over a large room and clicked save. When you go to load the scene and see your notes pop up, a thumbnail picture of a table in that room is showed to you. You point the device at the table and everything relocalizes instantly!
- Map List presents a list of all your maps when you click the "My Maps" button. The list is associated to your API key and presents all the maps under that API key.